Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Mandatory Fields

Is it possible when creating a card to have mandatory fields so the card could not be created until the fields have been completed?

Use Case I'm adding a card about a vehicle but the make model and colour must be filled in before the card can be created?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi

First create custom fieds (wich represent mandatory fields)

Then create a butler rule like this :

when a card without custom fields "model" completed is added to list "vehicle", move the card to the top of list "{Triggercardpreviouslistname}"

If mandatory field model is not completed and the card is added to the list vehicle, the card will be automatically moved to the previouslistname. You can replace moving by card archiving, but it will be less user friendly. And you can post a comment to explain what is missing.

@Ludo Wow good job.  I was going to ask about the same thing.

hi - i can't figure out how to enter the trigger "when a card without custom fields "model". When I select Trigger and then click on Fields - it gives me pre-customized triggers - how do I create my own trigger

Like David likes this

Same.

I can only create a rule using the pre-set actions. How can I simply copy and paste the butler code below?

when a card without custom fields "model" completed is added to list "vehicle", move the card to the top of list "{Triggercardpreviouslistname}"

Hi @Ecosse Signs 

Sorry if this is a little late to the party here! We have just launched Forms for Trello which would be annother approach here. You can create a form which when people fill it out creates a Card on your Board. You can set any fields you like to be mandatory in the form to force people to fill them out, and can include any custom fields you want in the form as well :)

Hope that helps :)

Robin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,397 views 28 41
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you