Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory Fields

Ecosse Signs January 20, 2020

Is it possible when creating a card to have mandatory fields so the card could not be created until the fields have been completed?

Use Case I'm adding a card about a vehicle but the make model and colour must be filled in before the card can be created?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2020

Hi

First create custom fieds (wich represent mandatory fields)

Then create a butler rule like this :

when a card without custom fields "model" completed is added to list "vehicle", move the card to the top of list "{Triggercardpreviouslistname}"

If mandatory field model is not completed and the card is added to the list vehicle, the card will be automatically moved to the previouslistname. You can replace moving by card archiving, but it will be less user friendly. And you can post a comment to explain what is missing.

Michael Demetria January 23, 2020

@Ludo Wow good job.  I was going to ask about the same thing.

Deleted user March 25, 2021

hi - i can't figure out how to enter the trigger "when a card without custom fields "model". When I select Trigger and then click on Fields - it gives me pre-customized triggers - how do I create my own trigger

Like David likes this
David February 12, 2022

Same.

I can only create a rule using the pre-set actions. How can I simply copy and paste the butler code below?

when a card without custom fields "model" completed is added to list "vehicle", move the card to the top of list "{Triggercardpreviouslistname}"
0 votes
Robin Warren _Blue Cat Reports_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 20, 2021

Hi @Ecosse Signs 

Sorry if this is a little late to the party here! We have just launched Forms for Trello which would be annother approach here. You can create a form which when people fill it out creates a Card on your Board. You can set any fields you like to be mandatory in the form to force people to fill them out, and can include any custom fields you want in the form as well :)

Hope that helps :)

Robin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events