Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of view-only Trello users but only 1 users modifies it. Anyway not to pay $$$ to use Butler?

Nason Tackett September 28, 2021

I really want to use Butler to send emails to customers as their order progresses from one column to the next but I will have to pay thousands of $$ due to # of users who need to view the board. Only one user modifies the board and Butler runs on that account. A public board would work, but the board contains customer's information. Is there not some workaround? Free view-only users? Id be happy to pay for the one user who modifies the board, but its not fair or affordable to pay for all the view-only users.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2021

@Nason Tackett if you're using Gmail, you can use our BenkoDesk product:

http://www.benkodesk.com/

Since it doesn't run as a powerup, you can use comments to create and reply to emails by posting comments to cards to automate it from Butler, for example in the format:

@to customer@example.org 
@attach all 
Hi there, your order has been processed and your PDF invoice is attached.

When the customer replies it will come back to the same card and only the operators are required to have access to the board.

Nason Tackett October 1, 2021

Wow! I was totally unaware of Benko Desk. This is really cool! This use be a pretty easy change in all my butler rules to just convert from sending emails to adding comments. Going to go sign up now to try it out. Thanks so much for the recommendation :-) 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2021
Nason Tackett October 1, 2021

This is awesome! Thank you so much for the suggestion. I will absolutely be able to make use of this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events