Lost access to Trello after Email change

hht66 April 17, 2020

I did want to change my email in Trello as recommended during login. Success.

Automatically linked to a NEW Atlasian account and afterwards no option to re-link my "old" Atlasian with the old Trello ressources as the two Atlasians blocked each other from equalising either of the email addresses.

I did delete the NEW Atlasian but did not get back access to Trello.

What should I do now:

1. to regain my Trello ressources (I could stop deletion of the NEW Atlasian)

2. to login all ressources again under one (ideally changed) email.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2020

@hht66 Did you use Google to login during this process?

hht66 April 17, 2020

No.

I used direct login always incl. individual passwords, also for Trello

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2020

@hht66 okay so let me get this straight, you logged in, you saw the "Atlassian Migration" message you changed your email, got a verification, clicked the link, logged in with your old account to verify and thus were now logged into Trello using your new email.

Then you went through the Atlassian Migration process, and your Atlassian account is now connected to a new Trello account, and you can't login to Trello using either your updated email, or the email that used to be attached to the account, even though you've always used Trello email and password to login and never another identity provider such as Google?

hht66 April 17, 2020

Thanks for taking care.

Few differences leading to longer story:

I did log directly to Trello (my accounts are to Trello and Atlasian used the same email but were not linked)

In Trello I was asked whether I really want to use that email as with an institutional domain would be possible that in future potential institutional admins could manipulate my data... OK, so I changed email to neutral domain. Subsequent I was asked to link my account to my Atlassian account which I accepted. Then a NEW account was created rather then a linking... because I first accepted to change my email in Trello?

But now there is no way back - for my knowledge as I cannot restore the email in Trello neither change the email in the old Atlassian.

I still access to both logins.

I meanwhile put the NEW Atlassian on delete but it obviously will delete also the Trello part. So I need a solution within the 14 days to definite deletion...

hht66 April 17, 2020

I logged into Trello

- was asked to use an email with neutral domain (instead of an institutional one).

- did so

- was asked whether want to be linked with MY Atlassian account

- accepted

- new account was created instead of linking

- now I have two Atlassian accounts with different emails, one with e.g. bitbucket and one with my Trello ressources.

- I do not know how to rejoin the things under one account...

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2020

@hht66 okay so you haven't lost access to Trello, you can still login to Trello using your old email address (the institutional one?) but now you have a new Atlassian account created with your personal address (like @gmail.com or whatever).

If you didn't change the Trello email address on your old Trello account, and can still login to Trello with your old email account (the institutional one) then that old email address shouldn't have been migrated to an Atlassian account in the process. Are you able to login to Trello with your old, institutional email address, update the email address in profile and visibility to that of your neutral one and delete the other email address, then when the migration happens again it should join them up.

hht66 April 17, 2020

- I can login to Trello only using the new email (I did change the email after login to Trello before all other stuff happened)

- if I enter Trello directly, start login, and put my new address it imediately jumps to an Atlassian login fixing the new email and asking for password

- if I enter the old email to Trello login it tells me that no such account exists

so

- I can login to the old Atlassian having no access to Trello ressources

- I can login to the new Atlassian account getting access to my (old) Trello ressources

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2020

@hht66 okay so you have access to everything, if you only use the new account to login to Trello, then logging out of that account after getting access to Trello shouldn't prevent you from then logging into those other products using your other Atlassian account, then you don't really have to worry about it right?

hht66 April 17, 2020

- it is not about worry, it is about managing accounts as team members have to use different budies as well.

- but ok I will delete the old Trello and build a new one. Its ok. Thanks for your effort.

Like Iain Dooley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events