It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Locking down cards

Hi,

I am pretty new to Trello and am experimenting with copying boards and lists. I want to use a board with predefined lists and cards to which a user can add cards but can not modify list headings or some cards the admin has created. Is there a way of locking parts of the board ?

3 answers

Hey Rolf

With Trello, permissions are board specific. At this time, Trello is not able to offer card specific permissions. This is a feature request that has been received, so hopefully this can be implemented in the near future. For the time being, you'll need to have separate boards for privacy. 

Like Rıfat Erdem Sahin likes this

any updates on the issue...i would like to auto lock the tasks to the people in the board who are not assigned to a task. They should be able to read the title but not the details.

0 votes
abgupta9 I'm New Here May 29, 2020

you can use this chrome extension - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/trello-ticket-locker/dhacecfmakbiagimagjicfcoefkfcbep?hl=en-US but the only downside is all your users needs to install the tool. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,569 views 13 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you