Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking down cards

Deleted user November 10, 2017

Hi,

I am pretty new to Trello and am experimenting with copying boards and lists. I want to use a board with predefined lists and cards to which a user can add cards but can not modify list headings or some cards the admin has created. Is there a way of locking parts of the board ?

5 answers

5 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2017

Hey Rolf

With Trello, permissions are board specific. At this time, Trello is not able to offer card specific permissions. This is a feature request that has been received, so hopefully this can be implemented in the near future. For the time being, you'll need to have separate boards for privacy. 

Deleted user November 13, 2017

Thank You

Like Rıfat Erdem Sahin likes this
Rich Laviano September 18, 2021

I second the request - having separate boards due to access requirement is highly inefficient and I will need to start to look for another collaborative tool unless I understand when this capability will be available on Trello

Like Maite Christino likes this
Warren Fabricius March 2, 2022

I don't believe the question was around privacy for boards. It was about locking down that first initial card at the top of each list - the one that acts like a Header/Heading with a bit of an explanation. Pointless as a header if users can move/delete cards.

Like # people like this
3 votes
Unilumin USA September 10, 2021

Was there every any update to this?  This is still a feature that we really need and want. 

2 votes
FerrabyJames September 15, 2022

Any update on this? It would be great to be able to lockdown cards with private or confidential information without having to create yet another board

0 votes
abgupta9 May 29, 2020

you can use this chrome extension - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/trello-ticket-locker/dhacecfmakbiagimagjicfcoefkfcbep?hl=en-US but the only downside is all your users needs to install the tool. 

0 votes
Rıfat Erdem Sahin May 2, 2019

any updates on the issue...i would like to auto lock the tasks to the people in the board who are not assigned to a task. They should be able to read the title but not the details.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events