• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Hi, how do I change color on a list? I can see that people have asked similar questions but it only looks like it is the cards that change color, I want to background of the list to change color. Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley Community Leader Nov 22, 2019

Hi Robert

I have different coloured lists, and I have these by using Chrome and enabling the Pro4Trello extension which can be found here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pro-for-trello-free-trell/hcjkfaengbcfeckhjgjdldmhjpoglecc?hl=en

Mine looks like this:

Screenshot 2019-11-22 at 14.16.32.pngI also found this website really helpful when trying to pick CSS colours as you have to type the name in properly otherwise it doesn't change the colour: https://www.w3schools.com/cssreF/css_colors.asp

Hope that's helpful

Esme :)

I also use the Chrome extension.  I find that being able to add color allows me to just glance at a board and get a good sense of things that might be slipping through the cracks.

Thanks both of you, this gives me 2 questions.

1. Since this is a Chrome extention, the changes will only be shown for me?

2. I can't find the setting for changing the list background colors?

Thanks,
Robert

Esme Crutchley Community Leader Nov 24, 2019

Hi Robert,

The changes should be shown for you as you have Chrome, if others have the Chrome extension, in theory, they should be able to see the colours as well, however I use Trello on my own so I can't say 100%!

To change the colours of the links, click on the 3 dots in each list and add the colour to 'background colour' that you want:

Screenshot 2019-11-25 at 07.25.38.png

Hope that's helpful!

Esme :)

Many Thanks!! :-)

Like Esme Crutchley likes this
1 vote
Jimmy Seddon Community Leader Nov 22, 2019

Hi @Robert Broström,

I was also looking to do this.  While it isn't a core function in Trello, you should checkout the answer the answer over here as it might help you out:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/How-do-I-change-the-List-background-color/qaq-p/584251

-Jimmy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

314 views 10 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you