Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Linked cards and new checklists

I have a process that when a card is moved into a certain list, it is copied to another board and the cards are linked. 

the cards contain a checklist, which appears on the copied card. My question is if on either the original card or copied card if a new checklist is added through the button automation will that checklist appear on the other card. 

As I type this, it sounds like I am looking for a mirror (aware of Unito etc) but are there any other ways around this?

Thanks. 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley Community Leader Sep 23, 2021

@Shaun Maloney you could do it via a series of automations, but you'd have to automate the synching of each event individually, there's no "link and synch" feature. So for example you'd have to say "I want to make it so that when I add a checklist on one card, it gets added to the first card linked in the attachments", same for checklist item completions, adding and removing items etc. etc. etc.

0 votes
Answer accepted

@Shaun Maloney 

Since the cards are link I think it is achievable.

I have here a video of a 'mirror' lite automation (1 way) that does about the same thing.

https://www.loom.com/share/68473b47ac6b46abba1602d5fae3da80

The objective is to be able to replicate changes to all copied cards or cards created from a template. Because it is via automation, you can decide what gets replicate to the other cards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,392 views 28 41
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you