Linked cards and new checklists

Shaun Maloney September 23, 2021

I have a process that when a card is moved into a certain list, it is copied to another board and the cards are linked. 

the cards contain a checklist, which appears on the copied card. My question is if on either the original card or copied card if a new checklist is added through the button automation will that checklist appear on the other card. 

As I type this, it sounds like I am looking for a mirror (aware of Unito etc) but are there any other ways around this?

Thanks. 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2021

@Shaun Maloney you could do it via a series of automations, but you'd have to automate the synching of each event individually, there's no "link and synch" feature. So for example you'd have to say "I want to make it so that when I add a checklist on one card, it gets added to the first card linked in the attachments", same for checklist item completions, adding and removing items etc. etc. etc.

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2021

@Shaun Maloney 

Since the cards are link I think it is achievable.

I have here a video of a 'mirror' lite automation (1 way) that does about the same thing.

https://www.loom.com/share/68473b47ac6b46abba1602d5fae3da80

The objective is to be able to replicate changes to all copied cards or cards created from a template. Because it is via automation, you can decide what gets replicate to the other cards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events