Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Trello list to list in another board ?

Jean-Frederic Monod June 26, 2019

Each project has a "Pending Feedback" list. I want to link that list to a master list on the "General Project Management" board so I can see which consultants everyone's waiting on. How do I do that ?

Thanks,

JF

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2019

@Jean-Frederic Monod 

There are a few ways to link cards to another board, but not whole lists as I am aware.

You may want to check out a few Power-Ups that do the job, like the Mirror Power-Up, the Unito Power-Up (as mentioned by @Iain Dooley) or the Butler Power-Up.

Jean-Frederic Monod June 29, 2019

Thanks Katrin. I'm getting Butler now actually, but I still think that linking lists is a must. I sense the opportunity for another power up : )

*edit : I just added Butler. It doesn't look like rules span multiple boards. I can add a rule that will automatically copy a card to a different list in the same board, but not in a different board. I have a board for overall management, and then project specific boards. I want each project board feedback list to report back to an overall feedback list in the management board. I don't see any powerups that do that. 

Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2019

@Jean-Frederic Monod 

Oh yes, you can copy cards across boards with Butler.

When you select the action, simply look out for this button, where you can choose from any board that you have on your account:

JFM.png

- Does that help?

(P.S. Next time you need a reply, pls. make sure you add my reference @... to the post :)

Jean-Frederic Monod July 2, 2019

@Katrin Anger Thank you ! That does it ! Didin't see that icon.

Cheers !

JF

Like Katrin Anger likes this
0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2019
Jean-Frederic Monod June 29, 2019

Thanks Iain. I understand that there are many power ups allowing linking cards. I just don't get why linking whole lists isn't a thing. I want a list where if I drag and drop any card to it, it gets magically replicated to other lists without the team member having to think about it. 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2019

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events