Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labels disappear from card when moved between lists on a board - Not automation!

Elizabeth Raymond June 15, 2021

Hi, I have been using Trello for the last 4 years and this is the first time I've encountered this situation. I am part of a board shared across ~13 individuals. Starting about 1 week ago, I have noticed that moving a card from one list on this shared board to another list on the shared board results in all labels being removed from the card. I have not added any butler programming (i.e. remove labels when a card is moved to the list) to the destination list and I am unaware of anyone else having done so. Indeed, looking at the Automation information, there are no rules listed for the board, list, etc. in question.

This was not happening prior to roughly one week ago. This does not appear to be happening for others with whom the board is shared or with other lists on the board. I have started re-adding the labels as a stopgap for now. However, that isn't very convenient. Any insight on what may be going on here and how to resolve it would be appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2021

Another user on the board has an automation set up that is removing the labels. 

We will do better here in the future to show you this so you don’t have to ask us - but in this specific case that is why it is happening. 

Currently the only way for you to fix this on a free board is to ask the other members to remove their rules. In a Business Class board the admin can disable those other user’s rules. 

Elizabeth Raymond June 15, 2021

Thank you very much for this answer. I will check with other users of the board.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events