Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labels Improvement Suggestion

bradley February 23, 2022

Hello,

In our team, we make use of multiple labels to tag and filter of different tasks. 

The current option of 10 unique labels is unfortunately not enough.

Is there a possibility that an option can be added for users to create more/unlimited custom labels and perhaps choose their own colors for these labels?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2022

@bradley Welcome to Trello!

You can have unlimited labels, but you can only choose from the 10 colors provided (or the "no color" option). If you need more colors and styles, the Pro for Trello Chrome Extension, lets you have some more styling customizations with labels.

Let me know if this helps!

bradley February 24, 2022

I will definitely check this out. Thanks for the response!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2022

Hi Bradley!

Did you know that you can add labels? You're limited to the same colors (there's no news on when Trello will have new color options), but you can add as many labels as you need, by clicking on the 'Create a new label' option.

This screenshot was taken by clicking on 'Show Menu' (top right of the board), then 'More' then 'Labels' (personally I find this way easier to add a lot of labels at once than being inside a card!)

CleanShot 2022-02-23 at 14.22.37@2x 2.png

Alternatively, if you have Custom Fields enabled, you might consider using those as a pseudo-replacement for labels, giving you greater freedom to create as many options as you wish for various use cases.

Did that help at all? Feel free to circle back if it didn't!

Esme

bradley February 24, 2022

Thank you so much for the response. I am aware of the create labels function. Just hoping Trello will introduce some more colors.  I'll also check out the custom fields option. 

Thanks Again!

Like Esme Crutchley likes this
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2022

No problem!

I've also been playing with a PowerUp called Amazing Fields and I'm really excited to see the things that this PowerUp does differently to Custom Fields. The only issue that I've found, is that the boards on the web look great, but on mobile the PowerUp doesn't show up (Custom Fields do), which is a bit disappointing.

Also, for my personal workflow, we can manipulate custom fields through automations, but I don't think that's possible with Amazing Fields (although I could be wrong!)

Esme

Like bradley likes this
Allen -Amazing PowerUps-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2022

That is correct.  It is a big frustration of mine that I haven't been able to find a way to allow Amazing Fields to work better for mobile or automations, but as far as I have found there is no way for powerups to support either of those areas.  I am trying to find some workarounds that would allow some type of interactions but still haven't arrived at any great solution.

If you run into any issues please feel free to reach out to support@amazingpowerups.com and let me know what I could do to improve Amazing Fields for you.  Thanks for giving it a spin.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events