Label Color Pallet Changed

Paul Mulvaney April 6, 2023

I logged on to Trello this morning and received a notification that the colors had been changed. If I didn't like the new colors, I could revert back to the old color pallet. I didn't like the new colors and now I can't find where to revert back to the old color pallet. I've checked settings and looked through the Trello Documentation.

Thank you for your help!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Timia Joseph April 11, 2023

I fixed this by clicking the Theme button on the top-right next to my profile icon and switching back to the old one.

Jenna Grimshaw April 13, 2023

Thank you that worked! 

The Travel Gal April 29, 2023

THANK YOU!! That worked. (Would have been nice if Trello had that info somewhere!)

RBB213 June 15, 2023

Unfortunately, they have now taken the option away to revert back to the old theme. I absolutely HATE the new colors! :(

Like # people like this
Jenna Grimshaw June 19, 2023

Yeah... they have now officially taken away the old theme.  I hate it. 

Like # people like this
Matt Huyck June 21, 2023

If, like me, you don't like the new colors, you can use a browser extension along with the code mentioned here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Is-there-any-way-to-create-custom-label-colors/qaq-p/599206

It's pretty silly that Trello does not offer a way for people to choose their own colors. Even more silly they are pretending people like the new colors:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/The-end-of-an-era-bidding-farewell-to-Trello-s-original-theme/ba-p/2387030

0 votes
Riley Venable April 6, 2023

To revert back to the old Trello color palette, you can follow these steps:

1. Click on the board menu on the right-hand side of the board

2. Select "More" from the bottom of the menu

3. Click on "Settings"

4. Scroll down to the "Preferences" section

5. Look for the "Background" option and click on the drop-down arrow next to it

6. Select "Classic" from the options

7. Click "Save Settings" These steps should revert your Trello board back to the old color palette.

Timia Joseph April 11, 2023

I don't see a "Preferences" section, and I'm the board admin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events