Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to more finely manage notifications?

James September 6, 2018

we would like to use notifications to alert our users to urgent events on trello cards. At the moment we receive so many notifications that important ones are being overlooked. 

Is there any way to tune the notifications more accurately or be more specific in when I get a notification?

The blanket nature of the current settings (certain actions; either never, instantly or in an hourly block) are simply too crude.

Examples might be:

• notify me when a specific user (the Boss) creates a card and tags me
  • notify me when a card I am tagged on is marked with a red label or as urgent or is moved into the top position on a list

Most important would be to have much greater ability to control what triggers a notification.

2 answers

0 votes
Francis Peixoto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2018

The basic notification functionality won't have that level of granularity . You'll need a tool like butlerbot to notify you on those types of scenarios. The use cases you're describing would be quite easy to implement. 

0 votes
Joanna Turska September 24, 2018

Hi James,

I was wondering if you managed to find an answer to this? I'm having similar issues and trying to figure out how my team members are being notified of being tagged into cards/comments (if at all).

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events