Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to watch linked cards?

Camila Pinto June 6, 2022

Hey there! 

I have a column named "Static" with static cards with some information.

In my other columns I have different cards to which I attach one of these static card from the "Static" column. Is it possible to see all the cards that were attached to my static card?

Let me explain better, my Static Column has the Elements Card (static) and in my To Do column I have a lot of different cards, for example, three of those cards in To Do has the Elements Card attached. Is there a way to watch these three cards in the Elements Card (static) one? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2022

Hi @Camila Pinto ! Welcome to the community :) I'd suggest using butler automation to link the cards together; that way, when opening either card, you'll be able to see what cards are linked by looking at the card attachments. For example, if you attach card A to card B, right now you can open card B and you'll see card A attached. Using this automation, you'll also be able to see card B attached to card A.

Here's an example of how the automation rule could look:

when an attachment starting with "https://trello.com/c" is added to a card in list "To Do", for each card linked in the attachments, add link "{triggercardlink}"

And how it looks in action:

link cards.gif

Camila Pinto June 6, 2022

Hey Hannah, thanks for the warm welcome! 

This is exactly what I wanted, thank you so much, I'm already using your automate rule in my board and it's fantastic 🎉 thanks a lot.

Have an amazing day!

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2022

Great! Glad to hear 😊

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events