Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to view the member count on a card?

Nik April 6, 2019

Hi,

I am using Trello only in very small groups (of 3 people) so far. At least when only 3 members are assigned to a card, each of their avatars is displayed, but not the total member count, as is the case for the members of the board.

Now I'm planning something bigger and it would be very helpful to see how many members are assigned to a card. Can someone tell me how this is displayed when there are many members (around 40)? I cant find any helpful infos/screenshots.

Thanks and cheers!

Nik

3 answers

0 votes
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2019

@Nik 

I am just checking your command and tested it, and I got it to work.

I used a slight modification, but the basic idea is the same as yours:

when someone is added to a card, rename the card to "{cardname} | Signed Up: {cardmembercount}"

Can you test this and let me know whether the problem still exists for you?

P.S. You don't need a business account with Trello to get more Butler commands. With a Gold account you can use all the 5 command types and have a decent amount of operations available.

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2019

You could think about doing this with Butler, using the {cardmembercount} Variable: https://help.trello.com/article/1157-variables

On whatever schedule you like, Butler could write that data somewhere, like the end of the card title.

Nik April 26, 2019

Thanks for your reply!

Your suggestion doesn't seem to work for me, though. I wrote the following rule:

when someone is added to a card in list "Signup sheets", rename the card to "Signed up: {cardmembercount}"

But nothing happens when I add myself to the card.

Also, the count wouldnt update if someone would be removed from the list and since I don't have Business Class, I can only implement one rule with Butler.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2019

@Nik here is the same command in Trellinator, you would need to install updateMemberCountWhenAdded and updateMemberCountWhenRemoved:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/e5b043147c78a06157aaec67eb289dfe

You can see how to set up Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2019

@Nik I've never added 40 members to a card! I'm keen to see what it looks like, if you do it, please post a screenshot ;)

Nik April 8, 2019

I sure will, but it will take months before I get there. Also, I am just planning how to best organise this group right now, so it would be good to know in advance how Trello handles it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events