Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to use a rule or butler button to create a new board from a card?

Pamela Sandall February 29, 2020

I have a main project board where all incoming leads begin.  They go through a few stages before a full project board is created.

I'm wondering if there is a way to have an action (moving to a particular list/clicking a butler button/etc) that would trigger two things:

• First, creating a duplicate board or using a template board, then 
  • Second, sending the selected card to the first position in the first list of the new board.

I've been able to easily copy the card (using a rule) to the top position of an existing board, but cannot find a way to have it first create the new board.  Any suggestions appreciated!

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2020

@Pamela Sandall this is the exact workflow I used in my introduction to the Trellinator system:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

You can see a video showing how this works on the Trellinator homepage

0 votes
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2020

Hi

Open a card, on the right hand side, you can chose the "Nested" option to create a board from the selected card.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events