Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to sort a list by assignee?

Emily Koch
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2020

Hi everyone!

I've been curious... with all the ways to sort lists by date and such, is there a way to automatically sort a list alphabetically by the person who's assigned to the card?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matt Bray February 7, 2020

Hi @Emily Koch 

There is a small workaround to get this to work. If you use the butler and custom fields add-ons you can create rules to have this work. Here is how I would do it:

Annotation 2020-02-07 092341.jpgI hope this helps!

Emily Koch
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2020

Thank you! I use both on some of my boards, so this is perfect.

Like # people like this
Matt Bray February 7, 2020

@Emily Koch Awesome! I have found these two add-ons work so well together. Glad I could help! Just watch out if you want to have multiple people assigned to one card, this may not work super well. but great for just one person.

Like Emily Koch likes this
0 votes
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
February 6, 2020

Hi @Emily Koch 

I think this is possible out of the box in Trello. However I did some search quickly and have found a Chrome extension that does this: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/trello-re-list-by-team-me/jncidihmnkbkafobjagkjpclpiholifl?hl=en

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events