Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way to manage in-app notification control?

I work with a small team, and Trello felt like a great fit for about 15 people. However, even with a team this small, Trello's notification system is pointless.

Im watching about 12 cards across 3 boards, and over the course of less than an hour Trello generated over 100 notifications, so many of which were just uploads to the card, and activity on the cards I was watching that didn't involve me (I was not tagged on comments but still got notifications).

Isn't it obvious how absurd that is? What's the point of notifications if every single micro-interaction is sent out as a notification?

On top of that, I'm seeing no way to control this, where I fully expected to see "only notify me when directly addressed", "don't send notifications for uploads" "don't send notifications for comments where I'm not tagged" as options.

Wondering if there's a way to make a useful notification digest, or if we need to switch apps. Too much is already falling through the cracks.

1 answer

1 vote
Felix Atlassian Team May 05, 2021

You're probably watching the card or the board or the list, when you don't need to be. See https://help.trello.com/article/799-watching-cards-lists-and-boards

Like I said, all of these notifications came from 12 cards which I am a part of. I know I want to be on those cards, I just want the unimportant moves (uploads, comments that don't mention me) to be consolidated or not appear in my notifications.

Like Felix likes this
Felix Atlassian Team May 05, 2021

You don't need to watch a card to be notified for mentions, so that might be an option.

We're definitely looking at improvements we can make to notifications, so this a valuable data point for us!

For what it's worth, we've got the feature I think you want (granular notification settings) on our mobile apps, just not for email and web.

Like Tim likes this

I'm advising my team to stop using the add to card feature and use @ as our primary method of directing attention - should keep our notifications concise and useful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

2,088 views 17 48
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you