Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to create a hyperlink in a checklist entry that will work in the Trello iOS app?

Steve Dickey June 5, 2017

I have two boards. Some of the cards on board A contain a checklist. The entries in those checklists contain the Trello link (URL) to a card in board B. The checklist look and act like a "Trello-ified" link in the web interface and in the Trello Android app, and act as a hyperlink in both interfaces. In the Trello iOS app, the checklist entries merely appear as a text URL, not a hyperlink nor a "Trello-ified" link. Is there any way to get those links to look and act like links in the Trello iOS app?

2 answers

2 votes
Oliver Rowe
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 22, 2023

Select the text that you want to use as a hyperlink, press 'CTRL + K' and you'll get the following: ["text"](). Put your url in between the brackets and it'll hyperlink the word for you. :-)

Jenny Thomas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 27, 2023

Thank you Oliver!

Matthias May 7, 2024

This opens the link in the same tab. 
Do you know how one can make the link automatically open in a new tab? 

2 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2017

Hey Steve- looks like this is a known issue on the iOS app board from a Trello https://trello.com/b/5tj4qAvo/trello-ios-app

Steve Dickey June 6, 2017

Hey Matthew - thanks for the reply and link!  I'm a Trello newbie and hadn't discovered that board yet.

Jane Felton November 16, 2017

I have the same issue, is this being worked on?

jeremym June 3, 2019

Hi, I'm still having a discrepancy with how hyperlinks display in checklist items between Trello web / macOS application and the Trello iOS app.

1) If I input "[title](Trello card URL)" in a checklist item on my browser, it displays "title" as a clickable link, but displays "[title](Trello card URL)" where "Trello card URL" is a clickable link on the Trello iOS app.

2) If i input a Trello card URL, it shows as a "Trello-ified" link on Trello web/macOS app, but as a Trello card URL in the Trello iOS app (not "Trello-ified").

Ideally, I would like to have it displayed exactly the same way across all platforms, after copy/paste of a Trello URL in a Checklist, have Trello auto-convert the URL to a "Trello-ified" link.

Note:  I have set up Butler rules to manage "Child tasks" checklist items, so that when I create an item under that checklist, it creates a new linked card, except if the item text starts by http... I often build long "Child tasks" checklist from a main card (call it a feature) with as many linked child cards, and I do that with speed on my desktop (a line of text, Return, a line of text, Return,...), then I get on the move and switch to my iOS app. Frustrating to see that my whole checklist is a list of URLs, instead of the text I typed (with hyperlink).... Maybe this is not exactly the same issue as this thread but I think it is closely related to displays of "Trello-ified" links in iOS.

Any advice? Cheers. Jeremy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events