Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to cancel the automatic creation of covers without disabling the covers option?

Yaara Rozenberg January 10, 2021

Hi

I'm using covers and would like to continue using them,

The only problem is that when you add a photo it automatically turns it into a cover- and I don't want that.

We want to have the option to make covers, but we don't want Trello to create them automatically when we add an image.

Is this possible?

Thank you in advance,

Yaara.

2 answers

0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2021

Hi @Yaara Rozenberg 

welcome to this wonderful community! 

• You can rather disable covers by going to Menu -> Settings -> Switch off 'Enable Cover...' => this wouldn't help you because you want to use the function!
  • The other way is to click into the cards where the covers are created and remove cover by hand => I don't know an automated way 

A possible workaround would be a mix up of this two things! 

1. Disable function when you create the board and upload all the pics
    when you are finished
  2. Enable function again and use the pics you want for cover

Hope I could help you - feel free to ask for more help 😊

Yaara Rozenberg January 11, 2021

Hi @Fabienne Gerhard 

Thank you for your answer and the warm welcome!

I really hope that Trello will develop someday a button that can control and stop the automatic cover creations.

Have a wonderful day!

Yaara.

Like # people like this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2021

Hi @Yaara Rozenberg 

just see it like this - there is already a button 😊 not that easy to find. After reading your answer to SaM I think my workaround should work for you!

You could also create your categories first and than switch it off!

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2021

Hi @Yaara Rozenberg ,

Welcome to the community! I'm glad you are here!

Currently, if you want this feature, it can't be disabled! When you upload an image, if the image was the first image of the card then it will automatically add the image as a cover!

You have to manually remove it from the cover and add another if you want!

If you have more queries regarding this issue please comment below I would love to answer them!

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Yaara Rozenberg January 11, 2021

@Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM 

Thank you for answering!

Too bad they didn't develop a button that stops the automatic cover creations :(

I'm using covers to create a separation of categories in columns, and I wish there was a way to do that without the manually removing unwanted covers part.

Have a wonderful day!

Yaara

Like # people like this
Radovan Hel September 2, 2023

+1. It irritates me as well.

Yony Limor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 25, 2023

Same here, this is time consuming to remove the cover each time.

Attaching an image file to a card doesn't necessarily mean that the user wants it as a cover. Unfortunately, I do this a lot, adding screenshots and other images to support the content of the card but on the other hand we don't want to fully shut down the cover capabilities - we use it as a separation within the columns...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events