Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to automatically add a cover image to a card that is created by email?

KC Pet Project January 28, 2022

We create cards by email, and want a default cover image to be automatically added to any new card that is created by the email. is this possible?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2022
KC Pet Project January 28, 2022

Thank you! But I am not quite sure how to do the attachment. The email is a form notification generated through JotForm. I have tried inserting the image into the body of the email, but it didn't work. Is there another way to add an attachment?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2022

@KC Pet Project 

When I read your email I noted that your "created by the email". I assumed you are using the "email to board" feature. In that scenario any attachment from the email sent to the Trello "email to board" email address will create attachments on the card.

My guess is that you will have to forward or send the notification email to the Trello "email to board" address with the attachment. A new card will be created with the attachment (assuming 1) as the cover.

Are you trying to add a cover to the card that was created by Jotform?

KC Pet Project January 29, 2022

Yes exactly, I am having a JotForm notification email sent to the Trello board using the "email to board" feature. I have been able to set it up exactly as we need, from using the correct title to tagging the correct people, the only thing I haven't figured out is how to make each email (card) have the same cover image.

I tried inserting the image into the Jotform email but it didn't work. I wan't sure if there is a certain way to attach the image to the email somehow so that Trello knows to make it the cover image for that card when it arrives?

Thanks!

Robin Warren _Blue Cat Reports_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 31, 2022

Hi @KC Pet Project the Forms for Trello Power-Up can do this. An image uploaded with the form is selected by default to be the cover image :) Plus it integrates with all the standard and custom Trello fields so data you get into Trello can play nicely with other Power-Ups and etc. Very similar picing to Jotform so the only difference for you should be the 100x better integration with Trello :)

KC Pet Project February 1, 2022

Thanks Robin, I'll check it out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events