Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to automate the removal of certain custom fields from boards?

Deleted user March 9, 2021

I have a workflow set up between a few boards where a card gets moved to a "Review" board, then moved back to the original board once reviewed. Unfortunately, because so many boards are connected to the "Review" board, the cards come back to the original board(s) with ~30 custom fields, even if the fields were empty (not set). Since custom fields are supposed to be board-specific, I expected only my original fields to show up on the card when returned to the original board. 

Is there a way to ensure that only my original board's fields (or at least only fields with a value specified/filled out) are on my cards when moved back into the original board? Or, is there a way to utilize Butler to automatically remove any custom fields I don't need?

Thank you in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2021

@[deleted] if your custom fields have empty values when moved to another board, they won't be created on the target board if they don't exist.

In order to avoid creating custom fields when moving cards between boards, you can create an automation that copies the card, sets the fields to empty values, then moves the copies, linking the two together.

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2021

@[deleted] 

Unfortunately Butler does not have. You can avoid it by have a cardlink made available in the review board. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events