Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to amend reminders to more than 2 days?

Anna King May 12, 2020

I have recently started on Trello, and setting up project management tasks for my colleagues. 

The only issue I am having so far is that I could so with the notifications giving more notice than two days on a due date. Is this something Trello are looking into doing, or is it part of the Premium package? Does anyone know a way around this? 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2020

@Anna King you could do this using Butler to post a comment notifying all card members 7 days before a card is due like this:

2020-05-12 at 9.26 pm.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2020

Yes Butler would be a good option if you want to automate.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2020

@Jack Brickey the maximum I can see in the manual interface options is 2 days though, is it the same for you?

0 votes
The Story Smith September 18, 2022

The Butler thing is a workaround, but it's too much fiddling about when it -- quite frankly -- seems a ridiculous and deliberate intention on Trello's part (being that it still hasn't been changed in 2022) that you can't simply custom your card reminder there and then in the card at the tip of the finger.

Please, @Trello make this adjustment!

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2020

Hi Anna, welcome to the Community. See if this thread answers your question. 

Anna King May 12, 2020

Hi Jack, 

Thank you for the response. It doesn't really cover what I was asking. I was looking for a way to add a reminder that was longer than 2 days, maybe 7 days? 

Thanks and Regards 

Anna

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2020

When I go to a card and click on the due date I have the option to change the default reminder as shown below. Note, you must have someone assigned to the issue to have the reminder notification. Maybe you are asking for something different?

935D8C76-5CFF-4AB4-A92A-3E2272FB0FE0.jpeg

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2020

yes indeed. so beyond the allowed 2d your best bet is what Iain suggested - Butler. This is an unfortunate limitation IMO. You should be able to change your default notification beyond this.

Like # people like this
Carl Fisher May 12, 2020

I agree. It does seem curious that they have it limited to 2. It would be nice to know that this feature is something that they have on their backlog of updates to make in the near future. 

Like Iain Dooley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events