Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a character limit on file names for attachments?

Ryan De Haaff May 7, 2019

I was recently attaching some jpegs to a trello card, and they wouldn't upload properly. 'Something' had uploaded, but the images were broken and couldn't be viewed. 

Files that had shorter names were fine, so I shortened the names of the files in question, and they uploaded as normal.

Is there a character limit? I'll test this myself at some point in the future but thought I'd ask.

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Denise
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2019

Hi Ryan,

Max characters for attachment name is currently set to 256. So that shouldn't generally get in the way.

If you continue to see any issues with attachments, feel free to send in an example at https://trello.com/contact and we can take a closer look. Thanks!

Ryan De Haaff June 3, 2019

Thank you for replying. It hasn't happened since...until today. Same thing, refuses to upload the image correctly, just get a broken image. As soon as I shorten the file name there's no problem.

I've attached the files here. Sorry they're a bit large.

There's no difference between them except the file name length. I know there are some special characters that don't play well when uploading files, but I couldn't see anything in this one.Wk-23-Social-Media-Assets-Novex Facebook Post.jpgWk.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events