Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to view all comments on a board in date order?

Keisha Walters July 16, 2022

We use a Trello Board for our weekly team meetings.  The board is made up of different lists for each department. Action items from each meeting are recorded as cards within these lists. 

One of the lists is where we record the meeting minutes (we have a Butler rule set up to automatically create a minutes card every week with the date of the meeting). We then type out the action items from each meeting on the minutes card for that week. So, we are having to type out actions twice; on the minutes card and as separate cards in the relevant department list.

I need a way that action items can automatically show as a list in the minutes card:
The title of all cards created on a certain date pull together to form a list

Or if this is not possible:

If we write the action items as comments on cards, can you view all comments on the board as a list in date order?

Open to other suggestions of how best to handle this.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2022

@Keisha Walters so i think the way i might structure it is to create a label for each meeting and then you can filter by label to show all the action items for that meeting, or you could set a rule to sort cards by label and then specify that sort order! Would that work? Let me know if you're interested in the latter, and i can try to explain more if you need me to.

Keisha Walters July 19, 2022

@Brittany Joiner Thank you for your response. 

For your first suggestion, is there a limit to how many labels you can create, as these meetings are weekly, so that means there will be a lot of labels.

For your second suggestion, I think I know how to do this.

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2022

@Keisha Walters nope i dont think there's any limit! you'd just need to update the rule every time you add a new label to show where you want it in the sort order

Like Keisha Walters likes this
Keisha Walters July 20, 2022

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events