Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use a variable in a list name?

JP Digital Production
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 14, 2020

I have a list name that I have to update every day to the current date. ie "Things to Do for August 14"

Is it possible to have the date update with a variable? IE:

"Things to do {monthname} {monthdatenumber}"

??

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2020

If you have Gold and up, you can use a Calender/Scheduled Rule to do make something like:|

Every day at 5am, Rename the list "Things to do {*}" to "Things to do {monthname} {monthdaynumber}"

And just make sure you don't have another list that starts with Things to do. Also double check your Variables.

I am not aware of a solution at the Free level sadly. Due Date and Scheduled Rules are only accessible for Paid. There are ways to get recurring rules by taking advantage of the Card Repeater power-up to trigger it, but renaming lists are only accessible in Board Buttons at the free level.

JP Digital Production
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 17, 2020

Thank you!!! This works great. 

Lenka A.
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 26, 2021

@Vongsawat  Hi, I am actually trying to use variables in recurring cards on Card Repeater power-up. but is not working in card titels. 

Weekly Review # {monthweeknumber} - {monthname}

any sudgestions please? Thanky you :-)

Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2021

@Lenka A. Those variables are Butler specific. If you are using Card Repeater without any Butler Rules, then nothing will happen.

There are two options I see. Either use Butler entirely, so use Scheduled Tasks instead of the Card Repeater power-up. (which I'm more partial towards)

Or have a mixed solution, where Card Repeater creates the card, and a Butler Rule that triggers on: When a card named "xyz" is created, rename it as "Weekly Review # {monthweeknumber} - {monthname}". Or something akin to that, where xyz is the name of the card being repeated.

Like Lenka A. likes this
Lenka A.
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 2, 2021

@Vongsawat great thank you for tip:-)

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2020

@JP Digital Production use solution below by @Vongsawat 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events