Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to set a due date reminder for more than 2 days before?

Ellie Scott December 21, 2021

I would like to be reminded of a card more than 2 days before its due date (e.g. a week before). Is that possible? The options under "set due date reminder" seem to have 2 days as the longest possible period of time.

3 answers

0 votes
Alicia Filíu Birlanga
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

Hi @Ellie Scott , I think it is not possible only with the due reminders.  I don't know if this is a good idea for you but I am going to tell you what I do.  I have a To do this week list, and other To don't do this week list. I make a rule with the following action: when there are less than 5 days before due date, move to To don't do this week.

I don't know if I have explained well 😅

Regards

Alicia

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

Hi @Ellie Scott ! Welcome to the community :) another option that might work for you is using a butler due date command. The idea would be to set up an automation to email or slack you 7 days before a card is due. In the message contents, you can customise it based on what you need. You can also pull card details into the message using variables. Let me know if you need any help with that! 

Alicia Filíu Birlanga
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2021

Oh that is interesting! It is other option. I will try it. 

Thank you!

Thank you for responding! I tried putting in a command like that and I think I did it right, but I set up a "test" card and set the due date to a week from now (which is when I should get a reminder according to my command) and didn't get an email. 

The command I set up is: 7 days before a card is due, send an email notification to (My email) with subject "Reminder" and message "{cardname} is due at {cardduedateweekdayname} {cardduedate}"

Does that seem right? Do you have any idea why it wouldn't be working?

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2021

Hey Ellie! Did you make it exactly 7 days from now down to the date time as well? I'm assuming if you set the due date to say Dec 28th 5 pm, and today is Dec 21st, the automation will then trigger at 5 pm. If it's still not working, it could be that your Butler timezone doesn't match the timezone you're in. More details on that here.
Failing that, you could set your trigger to say "7 days before a card is due at 9 am" That way, if it's Dec 21st at 9 am, any card due on the 28th will trigger a notification, regardless of the date time.
due date trigger.PNG

You can test it out by setting the time in the trigger to a couple mins from now to make sure it works (it worked for me 🙂)

Ellie Scott December 22, 2021

That worked! Thank you!!

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2021

Woohoo! Glad that's working for you 🎉

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2021

@Ellie Scott 

Yes you can. You will need to use Trello api with some code. 

How would I set that up? As someone with no experience using api and who knows nothing about coding

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2021

@Ellie Scott 

Yes you will need to code. Here I have an add on to Butler to set reminders and I used it to reminder me of due dates for subscription but a card button calling an endpoint via http request. 

https://trello.com/c/jk6kXdC6

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events