Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to remove certain lists from appearing on the calendar view?

Caroline_John May 27, 2020

Is it possible to remove certain lists from appearing on the calendar view? I have some lists with due dates that I don't want to appear in the calendar view as they are duplicated elsewhere so I'm seeing the same item twice on the calendar. Many thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dan Ivory
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 27, 2020

Hi @Caroline_John 

I think the easiest way would be to add a label to the cards in the lists you do not want to include. Then you can filter the calendar by label to exclude the ones you do not want to see.

When you have calendar open. Press 'f' to open the filter view. Then select the ones you want to include in the calendar.

Here is some more info on labels https://help.trello.com/article/797-adding-labels-to-cards

and filters if you need it. https://help.trello.com/article/972-filtering-vs-searching

If you have a lot of cards to add the label to, here's a quick time-saver...if you hover your mouse over a card and press ' L ' (lowercase is fine) on your keyboard then you can add a label without opening the card.

Or you could use Butler to automatically add a label when you add a card to those lists too. Let me know if you want more info on that.

hope that helps!

Dan

Caroline_John May 29, 2020

Thanks so much Dan - that's really useful. Just one other question - I added the label as you said and implemented the filter. What that seems to have done when I go back to the board view, is remove all the cards that I filtered out from their respective lists. 

Is it possible to filter only on calendar view - or does it apply across all views?

Many thanks,

Caroline

Dan Ivory
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 10, 2020

Hi @Caroline_John,

Sorry for the slow reply! I missed this. Yes I believe it applies to both so you would need to remove the filter to see all cards again.

One thing you could try is to open up the board twice in different tabs. Then you can open the calendar in one and the board view in another with different label filters applied.

Or if that does not work maybe try using two different browsers eg Chrome and Safari.

Thanks,

Dan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events