Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to prevent certain users moving cards between certain columns?

Dominic French November 11, 2022

I have two particular columns, let's say they're called New Orders and Ready to Eat. A card should never end up in Ready to Eat that hasn't been Checked for Ants. A card keeps track of whether or not it has been Checked for Ants using a checkbox named Checked for Ants. Is it possible to configure the board or card in such a way that if a user were to try moving a card from New Orders to Ready to Eat without having completed the Checked for Ants checkbox, the card wouldn't move?

So far the closest I've been able to find is using an automation that triggers when a card without that check is moved into Ready to Eat and moves the card back to New Orders, but that leaves open the strong possibility of the user not noticing that the card had been moved back.

1 answer

1 vote
Hamza Chundrigar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2022

Hi @Dominic French 

Welcome to the community!

As far as I know, this isn’t possible with Vanilla Trello UI.

But you could likely do this using Trellinator that would allow you to configure who is allowed to move cards from one list to another given certain conditions.

Here’s another community post (and I’m sure there are others if you search for them) that talks about this.

Trellinator is an open source framework that lets you automate Trello (amongst other things) using Google Apps Script.

If you haven’t used it before, these resources might be good starting points:

- Hamza

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events