Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have multiple template cards on one board?

Jami Mager July 8, 2021

I am trying to see if I can have two template cards on one board. I have two separate types of projects to manage- and they are just slightly different in scope. Thank you!!!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
briancervino
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2021

Yup! You can create multiple template cards on a board and then when you click the template card icon at the bottom of a list there will be a window where you can select which template card you'd like to create a new card from. 

Jami Mager July 8, 2021

Thank you- I am just noticing that when I edit one Template- it edits the other.... WHAT AM I MISSING? Lol

Like Laura L_ Townsend likes this
briancervino
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2021

Really? I am having trouble reproducing that issue on my end on web. Is this on mobile or web that you are experiencing this?

Jami Mager July 8, 2021

Yes- If I customize one- it edits the other as well. I am on the free version- if that matters. I am trying to create a functional board so my owner can see that it is an efficient way to manage the pipeline and will agree to upgrade! I am just creating a card and then checking to create a template. I have two templates and they mirror each other no matter what I do.

Thanks for your help! 

Like Laura L_ Townsend likes this
briancervino
Atlassian Team
July 8, 2021

Strange! Being on the free version wouldn't make a difference because card templates are free for all users. Could there be other Power-Ups enabled on the board that are causing interference? 

It might be good to reach out to support who might better be able to diagnose the problem and solution - https://trello.com/contact?nosearch=1&source=from%20helpsite%20beacon#/

Best of luck!

Jami Mager July 8, 2021

Thank you! I notice that I can edit all of the card besides the Custom Fields- which is the power up I am using... 

Perhaps the Power ups translate to each card? Thank you for all of your help!

Jami

Laura L_ Townsend August 10, 2021

I just experimented and you can make multiple templates and have different things on them, like check lists, labels, etc.   BUT if you are using the Custom Fields power up, all custom fields you add appear in all templates.  If you delete a custom field it's removed from all templates/cards for that board.

So far I can't find a way to add multiple custom fields then choose which ones to display in which templates on one board.  

Like # people like this
Jessica December 17, 2021

I am having this same issue. I created a template card that uses custom fields, and every time I add a new card, the custom fields from the template card transfer over. If I try to delete the custom fields from the new card, it'll delete the fields from the template card. I wish there was a way to have multiple template cards with custom fields on the same board.

Like # people like this
Tuval Lifshitz December 14, 2022

I am also having the same issue. I would like to use different custom fields in each template. Is there a way to do it?

Craig Morgan May 16, 2023

This would be a good feature to have. Or if anyone knows of another solution...

Kim Swensrud October 18, 2023

I am having the same issue. I want to create a new template card from an existing template card but want to edit the custom fields. When I do, it changes the original template card as well as all existing cards on the board. Frustrating....

Meighan Maloney December 19, 2023

I also have this issue. It would be great if they would fix this :(

Like Mourad Shahbaz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events