Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have custom fields applicable only to one set of cards or in cards in one list?

BARBARA BRAMATI November 24, 2022

Is it possible to have custom fields applicable only to one set of cards or in cards in one list?

Specifically, I would like to use the custom fields (priority, status, effort) only on the cards that are in my 'active projects' list, but I do not want them to appear, ie I don't want them to be selected in other cards in the other lists on my board (new projects, backlog, completed). Rather, is it possible to have a certain set of custom fields per list?

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
mustafa sener _Hipporello_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2022

Hi,

I am the founder of Hipporello apps power-up.

It is not possible with native custom fields of Trello. Every card shows all fields.

You can do this with Hipporello Apps. Hipporello apps has a specific field named Hippo Fields. You can create a card back page and make different Hippo Fields visible for different cards. Let me know if you need help with this. You can contact me via support@hipporello.com.

You can check Hipporello Apps via https://www.hipporello.com

BARBARA BRAMATI November 25, 2022

Thank you, but my enterprise license does not allow this. Pity

0 votes
Christl_Email for Trello
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 25, 2022

Hi @BARBARA BRAMATI , welcome to the community👋

Christl from SendBoard here, makers of the Email for Trello PowerUp.

As far as I know, custom fields are based on the board so if it's added to one card, it will apply to all cards on that board. 

I'd suggest having a look at the Amazing fields Power-Up. You can define all the fields you need for the board and then choose which ones you want for each card.

Hope that helps!

BARBARA BRAMATI November 25, 2022

Christl, Thank you, but my enterprise license does not allow this, I tried to add but it won't allow... Pity I guess I'll have to work with what I have....

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events