Is it possible to create a Checklist Template in Trello?

I'd like to be able to instantly add a checklist to each trello card - which I would ideally pre-create as templates. 

Is this possible?

Or are any kind of templates possible in Trello?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Devon Henderson Community Champion Apr 20, 2017

Hello, Hanna!

You can create template cards in Trello by simply making the card and stashing it somewhere for easy duplication. Then you can copy that card, and choose to copy over checklists and attachments. You can even hover over the card, hit CTRL+C, and then CTRL+V over the list you want to paste and the card will duplicate there!

As an example, I create "template" cards and stick them in the first list on my board, which I always reserve for board information. Then I can easily access them for duplication.

ScreenClip.png ScreenClip.png

You can also create a card, and when you go to add a checklist, choose to copy a checklist from a card that already exists. 

ScreenClip.png

Hope this helps!

Thank you - this sounds really helpful - will try it out!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Feb 02, 2018 in Trello

Atlassian User Groups: Trello edition

You’re invited to our first ever Trello User Groups   Good news for current and aspiring Trello enthusiasts! We’re launching Trello User Groups so that you can network, share ideas, solve ...

1,150 views 7 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot