Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to auto send gmail or text from Trello on birthdays

Denise Brown June 20, 2020

Hi

i have google contacts and Facebook contacts importing into my google calendar on their birthdays

i know I can create a card for each day.  
. can I add each contact to that with their email address 
. can I set it up to send email/gmail or other prettier card online (hip birthdays via Facebook or yeti text for example. Or other graphic)

. with their personal first names ( custom fields)

to be sent automatically the day before their actual birthday (or day of) without having to do anything each day?

thanks

Denise

@marc 

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2020

@Denise Brown the easiest way to automate emails like that out of Trello is to use Butler to send the emails into a Zapier email parser address, then connect Zapier up to Gmail to reformat the email:

https://parser.zapier.com/

You just have a Butler trigger that sends the email the day before the card is due then updates the due date to be 365 days in the future

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2020

If you have a list of cards with contacts, you could build something with Zapier to look at a trigger for a card with a due date or another date field (with custom fields), and on that day send a gmail email to the email address in another custom field in that card (their email). You could pre-style the email in zapier with the text, gifs, images, etc., so it would send the same exact email (or you could insert some personalization, depending on what other fields you have in the trello card).

Or, if you have a card for each day, then similar process, zapier can look for card name = date, and then send email to someone listed in the custom field on that card. 

This is an interesting use case, seems a little trite automating birthday emails, (unless i guess you're a business and sharing a special offer that people get on their birthday) but maybe that's just me :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events