• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to auto send gmail or text from Trello on birthdays Edited

Hi

i have google contacts and Facebook contacts importing into my google calendar on their birthdays

i know I can create a card for each day.  
. can I add each contact to that with their email address 
. can I set it up to send email/gmail or other prettier card online (hip birthdays via Facebook or yeti text for example. Or other graphic)

. with their personal first names ( custom fields)

to be sent automatically the day before their actual birthday (or day of) without having to do anything each day?

thanks

Denise

@marc 

2 answers

0 votes
Brittany Joiner Community Leader Jun 22, 2020

If you have a list of cards with contacts, you could build something with Zapier to look at a trigger for a card with a due date or another date field (with custom fields), and on that day send a gmail email to the email address in another custom field in that card (their email). You could pre-style the email in zapier with the text, gifs, images, etc., so it would send the same exact email (or you could insert some personalization, depending on what other fields you have in the trello card).

Or, if you have a card for each day, then similar process, zapier can look for card name = date, and then send email to someone listed in the custom field on that card. 

This is an interesting use case, seems a little trite automating birthday emails, (unless i guess you're a business and sharing a special offer that people get on their birthday) but maybe that's just me :) 

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Jun 22, 2020

@Denise Brown the easiest way to automate emails like that out of Trello is to use Butler to send the emails into a Zapier email parser address, then connect Zapier up to Gmail to reformat the email:

https://parser.zapier.com/

You just have a Butler trigger that sends the email the day before the card is due then updates the due date to be 365 days in the future

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

814 views 13 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you