Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to Copy Data Entered in a Custom Field to a Linked Card?

Lynne March 9, 2022

Is there a way to copy data that is entered in a custom field, onto a linked card?

For example, I have a card that goes to a list called, “Materials.”

When it enters that list, a copy of the card is sent/linked to another list on that same board called, “Machine.”

How do I get the data that is entered in the original card in the "materials" list custom fields to carry over to the linked card sitting in the "Machine" list, so the changes made are reflected?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2022

Hi @Lynne ! When the card copies over, the custom field data should also copy. If the custom field is being populated after the card is copied, you can use butler automation to copy over the custom field value to the linked card. 

For example:

when custom field "Priority" is set, for each card linked in the attachments, set custom field "Priority" to {customfieldvalue}

Lynne March 10, 2022

Excellent! Thank you!

Do you have a list of the commands? Such as the one you just provided. That would be such a great resource to have. 

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2022

@Lynne you're welcome 😊 there's a bit more info around what you can do with butler here.

Redcat September 20, 2022

@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows  - my requirement is slightly different. 

there are checklist item specific automations creating sub(child) cards at different stages of Parent card workflow.

IE - Stage 1 > Create Child Card 1

Parent card got bunch of custom fields which needs to copied to each child card. 

set custom field "CLIENT E-MAIL" to parentcard's"{{%CLIENT E-MAIL}}" 

this parentcard's bit is what i'm struggling with :/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events