Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indicate what value from the mail should be assign to the custom field

Patryk Domański March 24, 2021

Hello,

I'm creating Trello card by the mail and I want to set Custom field with values from this mail.

For example, my custom field is "Version" and it's dropdown with values 1-5.

My mail content can be like "I was working with version 3, but (...).". How should I indicate this "3" in the mail that Trello will know this values is the Version?

And if you can help me with other little thing. I set the label according to your guide https://help.trello.com/article/809-creating-cards-by-email, but I have no idea how can I set the label which has 2 words, e.g. "Mobile App"

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2021

@Patryk Domański 

You definitely can use email to set a card which acts as a trigger. By using {*) you can pick up the version either from the card name and/or description but I would imagine this to be predefined for you to get good hits rather than random email formats. Try it.

Thanks! That was really easy, don't know how can I missed that before.

I used format "{*}---{*}---{*}" and set triggers:

description -> {wildcard1}

customField1 -> {wildcard2}

customField2 -> {wildcard3}

and sent a mail with the same format, thanks!

Can you help me with this second case - labels?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2021

@Patryk Domański 

For labels , it will be on the subject line of the email : something #labelname

@milynnus Yep I know, but when I have label composed of 2 words, the label is not set.

When I'm trying like you said "test title #web", my title is "test title" and the label is "web".

When I'm trying "test title #web app", label is empty and title is also "test title #web app"

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2021

@Patryk Domański 

I think it will be connected with a _. There is some documentation on this. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2021

@milynnus dude I love you! Very fast responses with working solutions, thanks a lot! You made my day :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events