It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Importing from excel into Trello

I am trying to follow these directions http://help.trello.com/article/751-importing-data-into-trello to paste a lits of items into a to do list in trello but it isn't working. Every item in my list is ending up on the same Trello card, when the directions say each item will create a separate card. I have tried copying all of the cells, copying just the header at the top of the column and selecting the A tab above the column but it all has the same result. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Joanne

2 answers

0 votes

Would you mind trying a different browser to see if that makes a difference? If that does not help, can you reach out to trello.com/contact with a screenshot of what it looks like on your end?

We'll then be able to take a closer look.

Joanne,

You can also use the Import2 Wizard2 (disclaimer, I work for Import2). This allows you to import Cards into Trello from the CSV file. Hope this helps!

Your importer lacks a key feature. It doesn't allow multiple fields to be concatenated. It requires a lot of improvement and added features before you'd expect people to pay for bulk imports.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Trello

NEW: Trello Board & Card Templates, Plus Community-Inspired Template Gallery

Hi there, Community! Jessica here from Trello Product Marketing. As we celebrate 50 million registered users, we're super excited to share several new features available in Trello now that will hel...

164 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you