Importing from excel into Trello

I am trying to follow these directions http://help.trello.com/article/751-importing-data-into-trello to paste a lits of items into a to do list in trello but it isn't working. Every item in my list is ending up on the same Trello card, when the directions say each item will create a separate card. I have tried copying all of the cells, copying just the header at the top of the column and selecting the A tab above the column but it all has the same result. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Joanne

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Would you mind trying a different browser to see if that makes a difference? If that does not help, can you reach out to trello.com/contact with a screenshot of what it looks like on your end?

We'll then be able to take a closer look.

This widget could not be displayed.

Joanne,

You can also use the Import2 Wizard2 (disclaimer, I work for Import2). This allows you to import Cards into Trello from the CSV file. Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 20, 2018 in Trello

Get inspired with Trello & earn free Gold

A blank Trello board can be both a beautiful and intimidating thing. How many lists should I have? Is creating 10 labels overkill? How can I best track my progress? Is there a way...

17,083 views 0 17
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you