Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import tasks from MS Teams into my personal Trello?

Linda Broström March 4, 2019

Hi!

I use Trello for work (and private too). At work we use MS Teams. Now I wonder: can I make tasks in Teams tasks in Trello (i.e. send them to a board, just like I can forward an e-mail to a board in Trello)?

I am not sure that I explain this well, but I just want to keep on using Trello myself, for my personal use. We will not start using it at work. But I want to export my Todo:s from MS Teams to my personal Trello, that's all. 

Is this possible? 

Thank you so much in advance! 

/Linda

(I know it's possible to use Trello in Teams, that's not what I am after.)

2 answers

0 votes
SoftServe developers April 4, 2019

Hello,
Thanks for your request.

You can use Bot in your personal trello tab - you are able to create cards ( it's a good way to export your ToDos to Trello), to view cards assigned to you, add a comment to a card and some other features.
In order to add new personal Tab, please follow the next steps:
1. Click "..." in the left side menu pane and select "Go to store":

image2018-11-19 15_21_38.png
2. Choose Trello from the list or search for it in the Search Field:

image2018-11-19 15_22_52.png
3. Update suggested settings if needed and click "Install".
4. You will be asked to choose the features that you wants to use:

image2018-11-19 15_27_42.png
5. After that you have access to:
-Conversation: user can communicate with Trello bot
-Cards assigned to you: all Cards assigned to a user (where user was added
-Cards Calendar: shows all due dates on user's cards
-Recent Boards: shows recently opened/reviewed boards
-All Boards: shows all Boards user is watching
-Help: short description of Trello and MS Teams integration
-About.

Please, let us know whether you have any other questions.

0 votes
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2019

Hi @Linda Broström  I found this question and answer in the community that you may find useful:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Microsoft-Planner-to-Trello/qaq-p/579825

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Jodi

Thank you!

As I understand it from the other question, the answer is that there is no easy way to import tasks from MS Teams to Trello? So, there's no way to e-mail them to Trello, like I can forward regular e-mails to a board etc? (I had so much hoped there would be an easy way!!)

Cheers, 

Linda

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2019

I did see this article, but I am not sure if you can change the settings so that only you can see your Trello, and not other members of your team:

https://help.trello.com/article/1086-the-trello-app-for-microsoft-teams

Thank you, but I don't think that would do the trick. I work in many different projects (with different "Teams") and my need is to export all my to do:s from the different teams into Trello. Or any other tool really, I'm willing to change, since this is crucial to me. 

But thank you so much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events