Microsoft Planner to Trello

Hi,

I have been using Microsft Planner for managing projects.  I have recently hit a card limit, and want to come back to Trello.  There are so many limitations in Planner that we would never experience in Trello.

To do this, I need to get my cards fro Planner into Trello.

Is there an export tool, add-on or some tech sorcery to make this happen?

I am in a bind, and I need these cards all in Trello, so I can start adding new cards. I have a task list now living in excel of things that need to be added. 

Any help would be great, 

Thank you!

R

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Robyn,

Currently, there isn't a tool available specifically for transfering data from Microsoft Planner to Trello.

If you're comfortable with code or have access to a developer, you can use the Trello API to import the tasks that are currently in your spreadsheet into Trello. Our API is fully documented at https://developers.trello.com/.

Another option would be to copy all of the task names from your spreadsheet and then paste them as the title for a single new card. That will give you the option to create multiple cards at once, one for each line:

file-JdpUSyrVDx

One thing to keep in mind is that this will only import information from a single column, so you'd want to go back and add the details to each card later.

This widget could not be displayed.

Thank you, I will see what I can do over here to convert my planner cards.

R

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Sep 11, 2018 in Trello

There’s a Power-up for That!

So you’re using Trello at work, at home and to track your new DIY crafts. The family and co-workers are all on board and everything is organized, color coded and has a due date. But still, there’s so...

243 views 1 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you