• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I would like to copy all cards that have a specific label on them to another board - is it possible?

I have lots of cards on one board with many lists and many labels.  I would like to copy all cards that have a specific label on them to another board.  Is that possible?  

I know I can can copy cards and copy boards, just not sure if I can copy only those with a specific label on them

ANy help or tips would be much appreciated

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley Community Leader Jul 21, 2020

@Melanie Reynolds you could do this with a Board Button in Butler:

2020-07-22 at 12.55 pm.png

Hi Iain, thanks so much for this solution!  Worked perfectly. 

I have a follow up question if that is OK - (sure you were expecting it! :-))  

Is there a way to bring the information of what list the card(s) originated from?  So for example, my initial board has multiple lists (e.g. Stage 1, 2, 3), and all the cards that I have moved over with the label (purple) - now are in one list in my secondary board. Which is great.  However, i 'lose' the information of what stage (list) the card was in originally, and I would like to have that.

Iain Dooley Community Leader Jul 22, 2020

@Melanie Reynolds one way would be to have a separate Butler rule that adds a label to cards with the list name when they're moved into a list:

2020-07-23 at 9.48 am.pngNote that you have to add an existing label at first, then you can edit the name of the label to change it to "{wildcard1}" in the Actions interface shown in the screenshot (ie. you can't choose from the interface to add a label that doesn't exist but you can edit the label name after you choose an existing one)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

780 views 13 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you