Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to copy all cards that have a specific label on them to another board - is it possible?

Melanie Reynolds July 21, 2020

I have lots of cards on one board with many lists and many labels.  I would like to copy all cards that have a specific label on them to another board.  Is that possible?  

I know I can can copy cards and copy boards, just not sure if I can copy only those with a specific label on them

ANy help or tips would be much appreciated

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2020

@Melanie Reynolds you could do this with a Board Button in Butler:

2020-07-22 at 12.55 pm.png

Melanie Reynolds July 22, 2020

Hi Iain, thanks so much for this solution!  Worked perfectly. 

I have a follow up question if that is OK - (sure you were expecting it! :-))  

Is there a way to bring the information of what list the card(s) originated from?  So for example, my initial board has multiple lists (e.g. Stage 1, 2, 3), and all the cards that I have moved over with the label (purple) - now are in one list in my secondary board. Which is great.  However, i 'lose' the information of what stage (list) the card was in originally, and I would like to have that.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2020

@Melanie Reynolds one way would be to have a separate Butler rule that adds a label to cards with the list name when they're moved into a list:

2020-07-23 at 9.48 am.pngNote that you have to add an existing label at first, then you can edit the name of the label to change it to "{wildcard1}" in the Actions interface shown in the screenshot (ie. you can't choose from the interface to add a label that doesn't exist but you can edit the label name after you choose an existing one)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events