Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’ve lost loads of my Trello boards, how do I get them back? I don’t use this for work, but

Karen Francis July 5, 2021

I don’t use this for work, but I do use it to plan my life. All my wedding & honeymoon boards have gone and many more, at least 10-15! I need the information contained in them. How do I get it back

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2021

I think your boards are just closed.  We don't delete Trello information, so just go to the closed boards section and re-open them: https://help.trello.com/article/781-reopening-a-closed-board

Remember that free Workspaces can only hold 10 open boards, so you may have to a) upgrade b) move boards to a new Workspace or c) close some open boards if you want to open up closed boards.

To clarify, Workspaces are the container that hold boards. Every board is IN a Workspace.  You can have up to 10 boards in a free Workspace.  You can make more Workspaces, or you can upgrade your Workspace to Business Class (and later this summer to Standard) which will allow you to have unlimited boards in each Workspace.

Also, our contact form is available at https://trello.com/contact for all our tens of millions of users, and customers with Business Class get priority support, meaning we’ll make sure your questions get answered within one business day.  (Today is a holiday in the US though).

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2021

Thanks @Michael Pryor  once again for your detailed response and I have also mentioned it in my initial response about contacting https://trello.com/contact/.

Thank you Michael for a clear answer. The only part I don’t understand now is how to create a new workspace? So do I understand this correctly, I’m kind of creating folders (workspaces) that can contain up to 10 boards for free? 

How would I create a new workspace and is there a limit on how many workspaces I can have? If I have  that correct, I can organise all my boards into different folders (workspaces) and be able to access them all?

As a side note, it was the word workspace that confused me. It sounds like something for businesses compounded by asking me to upgrade to Business class. This led me to think the communication ms were not relevant to non business users like myself.

In summary, your feedback on new workspaces and how to use them would be much appreciated 

many thanks

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2021

Hi Karen,

Please read the following articles which will answer those questions:

https://help.trello.com/article/1263-moving-to-workspaces

https://help.trello.com/article/705-creating-a-new-workspace

0 votes
kingpepper July 5, 2021

I've lost a lot of mine too. Looks like we now only have a limited amount of boards available, and you have to pay to get more. So they're basically holding our boards hostage unless we upgrade to a pay package to be able to see them again.

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2021

@Karen Francis  and @kingpepper  - I hope you have seen this community previous community post, link below.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Lost-access-to-my-board-when-I-connected-to-Atlassian-account/qaq-p/1374247

@Michael Pryor  - Could you please check this and help these users? Thanks.

Yes it looks like that, I’ve used this for years and gave so much on there. 10 free bords is measly. I had no idea what they meant by workspaces I thought that was for business users. I have always thought they were called boards.

I didn’t realise how the change would affect me. I haven’t even had the chance to choose the boards I want to keep, they have decided for me and I’ve lost a lot of very important/special information.

They clearly don’t want people to contact them, no email, no chat no phone number, just loads of IMPERSONAL  FAQ to spend precious time wading through only to find it doesn’t answer your question. 

Also not cheap to upgrade for the sake of a small number of extra boards. Very bad customer service when you get charged an extortionate sum for something that’s been free for 7 or so years.

very upset

kingpepper July 5, 2021

@Suvradip Paul  The link you sent has no answers. It's just someone else asking the same question and the response is to contact trello (which I thought I was doing here) or that maybe I have multiple accounts, which I don't.

I'm just looking for a way to access the boards that I've set up over the last 8 years, so I can copy their contents to someplace safe. That way I won't have to worry about losing access to the info on the boards again.

Any help doing this would be appreciated.

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 5, 2021

@kingpepper  - I have referred the post just to highlight similar problem reported before and not to mention any more details publicly here in the community.

@Karen Francis  and @kingpepper  - I understand your frustration and  I have already tagged @Michael Pryor  from Atlassian Team who dealt the earlier issue for better insights about it.

Hope that helps!

Cheers

Suvradip

0 votes
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 5, 2021

Hi @Karen Francis ,

Thanks for posting in community.

It's sad to hear your issue. Could you please navigate to support - https://trello.com/contact#/  and report your issue along with summary, page link, details and screen shots?

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Suvradip

Letwin Tawira March 9, 2022

I’ve also lost thousands of words for my dissertation. One minute my boards and notes are there, the next minute they are gone :(

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
March 9, 2022

@Letwin Tawira Usually when I see this happen it is because someone converted their Trello Account to an Atlassian Account but had multiple emails on their account - and their boards are attached to an email that they are not logged in as.  So for example if all your boards are gone and you see a "welcome to trello" board, this is likely what happened to you.  You just need to log out and log back in under the correct email (try multiple emails or send a message to support through trello.com/contact to get help)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events