I remove the due date but it keeps coming back

Cassandra Shaw June 28, 2020

Hello, I have created cards (as templates) and did not add a due date. However, the system is automatically adding due dates. I keep removing the due dates, but they pop up back up immediately. Why is this happening? I don't want due dates on these cards.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jireh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2020

Hi Cassandra, have you checked that you don't have any Power-Ups or Butler rules that could be adding due dates to your cards?

Also, be sure to check your internet connection. It's possible that your request to remove a due date from a card did not complete correctly. If you see a red or yellow status bar at the top right saying something like "Connection Lost", it's possible you need to check your internet connection.

3 votes
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 11, 2021

Hello,
BigPicture may influence Due Date fields, even if the power-up is disabled. To solve the issue, please go to Trello Setting and click "Revoke" in BigPicture section. See my image as a reference. 
image (53).pngBest,
Anna
SoftwarePlant

Andrii Moskalets February 19, 2023

Thanks ! that helped me so much

Caroline Tamayo April 15, 2023

Hi @Anna-BigPicture   please could you help us, We have already disabled the BP power up but the due dates in every card keeps coming automatically.

We also have tried to contact BP support with no luck

Any help will be appreciated

ptarpley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 30, 2023

@Caroline Tamayo I had the same problem.  BP power-up was disabled/removed, but the problem persisted.  

Turns out there is an additional section which grants permissions (which Anna has referenced, above).  You need to click on your profile picture, then "Settings", then under "Applications" you'll find a list of power-ups which have access to your boards...revoke BP's permissions here.

Caroline Tamayo October 2, 2023

Thank you ptarpley 

0 votes
Cassandra Shaw July 1, 2020

Hi Jireh, thanks for the response. I checked Butler rules and don't have any. I also don't have any Power-Up rules. I think I've figured it out. My Internet connection is fine.

If I delete the description and then remove the due date, it seems to stay gone. If I add a description, the due date keeps popping up automatically, even after removing it several times.

Jireh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2020

That is definitely weird behavior. If you create a new, personal board, are you able to recreate the behavior? Or does it seem to only happen on certain boards or certain cards?

I tried copying an existing board as well as creating a board from scratch and it autopopulates each time. It is the project management board template from Trello/Atlassian that I copied for me. Maybe there's something in the background on that board?

Jireh
Atlassian Team
July 1, 2020

Can you try a completely new board? Don't copy one from a template or another board. See if the behavior still happens.

Templates often come with Butler rules and Power-Ups, so you may be copying that over when you use a template, which could be causing this behavior.

I can try that. When I checked the rules, I didn't see any but it could be hidden somewhere.

Jen Jackson January 3, 2021

Did this ever get resolved? I'm having the same problem - no matter how many times I remove the due dates, they keep coming back! I found a thread that suggests it might be related to the BigPicture plug-in, but I've disabled that and it still happens.

Jireh
Atlassian Team
January 4, 2021

@Jen Jackson Hi Jen, sorry to hear you're having issues. Can you check if this behavior happens on a fresh board? If not, there's several possibilities I can think of that might be adding due dates back.

1. Butler rule
  2. Power-Up
  3. 3rd party App (e.g. a bot of some sort)
  4. Another user on your board/team.

Also, Can you check the board's activity log? Do you see it logging your removal of the due date? Do you see a log of someone else adding due dates back?

Jen Jackson January 4, 2021

Thanks. I've discovered:

- It doesn't happen on a fresh board that has never been added to BigPicture.

- Once a board has been added to the BigPicture scope, it continues to happen for that board, even if BigPicture is then disabled for that board, and it's removed from scope.

- In Activity, Trello records that I removed the due date, then immediately records that I added it again, even though I didn't do anything.

- It seems to be unrelated to rules (the Butler didn't do it!)

So I conclude that it's related to BigPicture, which seems to require every card to have a due date on any board that it's been applied to. My workaround is to change my project setup so that all my 'due date' cards are on separate boards from cards with no due date. It's not optimal, but it means I can still use BP's gantt function, which I like.

It would be great if the BP Power-Up wasn't so pushy! It would be better if it just left any cards without due dates off the gantt chart, or if it allowed for manual card selection. 

Jireh
Atlassian Team
January 5, 2021

@Jen Jackson Thanks for reporting back! That definitely seems like weird behavior. BigPicture is a 3rd party Power-Up and is not maintained by Trello, so I would encourage you to reach out to them if you'd like to report this issue.

Caroline Tamayo April 15, 2023

Hi @Jen Jackson  please could you help us, We have already disabled the BP power up but the due dates in every card keeps coming automatically.

We also have tried to contact BP support with no luck

Any help will be appreciated

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events