Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have created some custom fields, but would like to re-order them. Is it possible to do this?

KC May 1, 2019

When I click Custom Fields on the Menu then click Edit Power Up Settings, I'd like to change the order of the fields that I have created.

As I have already added data to these fields, I don't want to delete them and add them again in the correct order.

Is there any way to change the order of these fields? Thank you

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Knowlton May 3, 2019
  1. Open the board that you want to change
  2. Click on the menu
  3. Click on custom fields (purple icon)
  4. On the custom field, list left click your mouse
  5. Move your mouse to the left of the list (icons).
  6. Mouse turns to a 4-way arrow.
  7. Hold down the left mouse button and rearrange. 
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2019

@Mark Knowlton holy cow! is that a recent phenomenon? I think I tried to re-order custom fields once like 3 years ago and couldn't, and have been doing it this convoluted way ever since (on the odd occasion I needed to).

Great share thanks.

@KC check it out!

Mark Knowlton May 3, 2019

I do not know if this is new or not, I had the desire to reorder and discovered the steps above worked. Glad I was able to assist.

KC May 5, 2019

Hi Mark and Iain

That's great! Thanks  to both of you for all your help. You've saved me a lot of time and now my board is much easier to read.

Like Mark Knowlton likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2019

@KC you can't do this in the interface directly but there is a way to do it without losing any information. See my earlier comment here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Rearranging-Custom-fields/qaq-p/1025037

KC May 1, 2019

Thanks Iain - I'll give that a try. I appreciate your help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events