Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot log into Trello with Google Chrome

Monica Perez July 28, 2020

Hi everyone,

I normally use Vivaldi as my web browser and I have no problems with it, but when I wanted to log into Trello using Google Chrome, this error popped up. It basically says that I have to clean the cache so I stop having this issue, which I did, but the problem persists. I tried logging out of Vivaldi and logging in Chrome afterwards but to no avail. What can I do? Screenshot.png

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tina Rungsawang July 29, 2020

I had this problem for a long time but finally was able to fix it by deleting random Chrome extensions I forgot I even had, and disabling the ones I needed. I was able to successfully log in after all extensions were turned off, and started turning them back on one by one. Now I'm able to log into Trello on Chrome, and still have my necessary extensions turned on.

Monica Perez July 30, 2020

Hi Tina,

Yes, you were right; I started ruling out add-ons on Chrome and found the extension that was causing the problem. Thank you so much for your help!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kieren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2020

Hi Monica,

It could be caused by a Chrome extension interfering with Trello. The error is usually related to your browser, try these troubleshooting steps on Chrome when you have a chance.

Please ensure you're using a browser version that is supported:

• Chrome - Latest stable release

1. Try to delete the appropriate cookies for your browser. Delete cookies in your browser related to id.atlassian.com.

2. In Chrome, go to your Preferences > scroll down to Advanced Privacy. Locate the Site Settings section. Select the Cookies and Data section.  If the option Block All Cookies is selected, set it to turned it off so that you accept all cookies.

3. Open an incognito version of your browser and navigate to https://trello.com/login and try to log into your Trello account.

4. If you're using any Chrome extensions, try disabling one of them then log into your Tello account. If that doesn't work, disable another and try again. Keep going until they're all disabled to work out if that's the cause.

Let me know how it goes!

Monica Perez July 30, 2020

Hi Kieren,

The 4th option was the one for me, as one of the add-ons I had was interfering with Trello. I was able to rule it out fairly quickly tho! Thank you so much for your help.

Like Kieren likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events