Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off "watching"

Mac Earle October 29, 2019

How do I make it so I only watch cards that I choose to? I am assigned to a lot of cards but do not need to be notified every time anything happens, just when I am @'d. I would like to make it so that I only watch cards that I choose to without having to "unwatch" every card that I am assigned too. Is there a way to mass turn off watching?

1 answer

0 votes
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2019

There are two actions that will watch a card and trigger notifications. You can be added to a card as a member (this can be done by anyone on the board) as well as watching the card, list or even entire board: Receiving Trello notifications

Any chance that this applies to that boards that you are getting notified for? We'd recommend checking if that is the case for the card/lists or boards that you receive the unwanted notifications from.

This is usually the best place to start in order to reduce the number of notifications by simply "unwatching" the boards or lists. You will always be notified when @ mentioned, regardless of if you are a member of the card or watching the item.

If that does not help, feel free to reach out to trello.com/contact with an example and we'd be happy to take a closer look.

Daniel Tan January 9, 2023

what if i want to watch the entire board except for some cards? if I go to top right under settings it shows watching. but under the card there is no watching ticked so I cannot untick those cards that I don't want to watch

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events