Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer boards from Account A to Account B and be able to delete Account A?

Deleted user December 13, 2020

HI - I see similar questions asked and answered but when the key part of my question was asked by a user (in follow up to a response), it went unanswered.  I love Trello by the way.  I started using it at work (Account A) and realized I had a bunch of ways to use it at home too, so my work account has both company-related boards and non-work (household) boards.  I am going to create a new Altassian account (Account B) and transfer my personal boards there - using the stated workflow of granting admin access then removing the other account.  HOWEVER, I'm very concerned by this warning on Trello Help page (under "How to Transfer Boards to a New Account"): "The transfer tool does not make a copy of your boards.  Do not delete the boards on the original account. "  This seems to strongly imply that if I ever left my company and wanted to delete Account A, if I did, I would kill the boards I'm using on Account B.  Please confirm if that is true, and let us know if Trello plans to remedy this with a full transfer solution, or full copy solution of some kind.  Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2020

It just means the board exists, independent of your account.

Make a new Team when you make account B and after making B the admin, change the Team on the board to be B's Team.

Then you don't have to worry about Account A and its access to the B ever again.  It will live in B's Team.

Deleted user December 14, 2020

Hi Michael - thank you for the fast reply.  Makes sense now!

Tracey February 11, 2021

So, @Michael Pryor , I decided that I wanted all boards, work and personal in one account, rather than having a work account and a personal account.

I have added myself (personal account) to all cards on my work board, then left the cards with the work account. I have also made my personal account an admin on the board, as my work account is.

I want to DELETE my work account. Will that affect anything at all on the board, other than the fact that I'm leaving it?

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2021

You should make a team with your personal account and move the boards into that team.  

Tracey February 11, 2021

Can I move the board into the client's team, rather than one of mine?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events