How to set butler to card from one list to another 2 days before the 3rd Thursday of the month.

Joseph Schwab July 20, 2020

I want to copy a card from one list to another 2 days before the 3rd Thursday of the month.

I normally just set a text date for 1st Monday or 2nd Tuesday etc.

But because in this seneriao I want it 2 days before the 3rd Thursday and because the 3rd Thursday changes depending on the weeks in a month I cannot simply move it on the Third Tuesday because in the case of January 2020 the Third Tuesday falls After the third Thursday.

But in other months this logic would work fine. I want to always Copy the card 2 days before the Third Thursday of a month.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Joe Schwab

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2020

This solution uses Due Date to trigger everything, as due date Butler rules can be set to trigger before the actual due date. For the trigger, you can set up any filter condition you want, so long as the only card that fits the conditions is the one to be copied, just to be safe.
image.png

If you are already using the Due Date feature for other uses (or just don't want to see a due date on this card), you can have it on a separate card entirely. You can reference the to-be-copied card by name (if its unique) or by link (if it never changes). You can access the latter by clicking Share on the card. Below I use the link, just replace the xxxxxxxx
image.png

Joseph Schwab July 27, 2020

This worked perfectly! Thank you so kindly. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events