Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrieve a new page linked to an old account

Akagi Kobayashi July 22, 2020

When I created a new Trello page, I saw my email was set to my current email address, but the 'confirmation email' was never received there.  The warning message did not say what would happen after 14 days of not receiving the email; there didn't seem to be any remediation, from the help page provided. Why did it not send the confirmation email to the currently set email address?

Could the admin or someone else retrieve the Customer Success board I created? 

It should be at https://trello.com/akagikobayashi1/boards

It should show Board not found. This board may be private... they may need to invite you, etc. (At the moment, when I put the address above in the address line, it changes the name to akagikobayashi2.  

Now it seems that I own a third Trello account - because of the 2 suffix after my name, and I have started receiving emails to my current email address. I hope this board will stick, and when I can retrieve the old board, I will be able to add it to the new account. 

Please explain and help!

1 answer

0 votes
Blair at Atlassian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2020

Hi Akagi,

It looks like you've got several Trello accounts. Not all accounts may have access to the same boards - I'm going to reach out to you via email to sort through your questions and try to get your accounts consolidated where possible. 

Thanks so much!

Akagi Kobayashi July 23, 2020

Hi Blair,

That will be great!

Sorry I didn't notice your reply until just now. The key account to retrieve is akagikobayashi1, which has just one board.

If there are other boards, I should sort them out, too. You have my email address, I presume?

Akagi

siriak July 24, 2020
Akagi Kobayashi July 24, 2020

Thanks for posting the reply, Siriak, but I don't this that fits my problem. 

siriak July 24, 2020

I mean I've received an email that supposedly was intended for you. Your email addresses are
username: akagikobayashi1
created: 07/05/2020
email: a***b@g***l.com
username: akagikobayashi2
created: 07/19/2020
email: a**g*b@g***l.com
Am I right?
Mine is siryaka@gmail.com and I've received a mail from Trello support team on how to proceed with your issue. Presumably, they've sent it to me by mistake as I have a different ticket open.

Akagi Kobayashi July 24, 2020

Hi Siriak,

Would you be able to ask the Trello team to address their instructions here, or attach the instructions from Trello support team for me here? 

Thanks a lot,

Akagi

siriak July 24, 2020

There are 3 accounts in the mail, #1 is mine and #2 & #3 are yours I suppose. Here is your email:
Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out on Community!

I see you've got several Trello accounts. Here's what I can see:

Account 1
username: siriak
created: 05/28/2018
email: s***a@g***l.com
This account is linked to Atlassian account, so your password would be reset here: https://id.atlassian.com/login/resetpassword

Account 2
username: akagikobayashi1
created: 07/05/2020
email: a***b@g***l.com
This account is linked to Atlassian account, so your password would be reset here: https://id.atlassian.com/login/resetpassword

Account 3
username: akagikobayashi2
created: 07/19/2020
email: a**g*b@g***l.com
This account is not yet linked to Atlassian account, so your password would be reset here: https://trello.com/forgot

Account 2 and 3 have similar emails, but slightly different. I might recommend for you to use a computer browser in incognito mode to try logging into each of your accounts to observe which accounts have access to boards and teams.

While we don't have a way to directly merge two different accounts, we do have a workaround you can try.

1. Log into the account you do not wish to use any more.
2. Read https://help.trello.com/article/1104-how-to-transfer-boards-to-a-new-account and use https://trello.com/support/transfer-boards to transfer all of your boards to the account you want to keep. Make sure to use the correct username or email address here, as the original account will lose access to those boards after doing this.
3. Log out of Trello.
4. Log in as the user you wish to keep using, who should now have access to the other user's boards.

Once you've confirmed that the account you intend to use has access to all of the information you need, you can close the account you no longer want by following these steps: Deleting your Trello account

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, and we're happy to help.

All the best,

Blair
The Trello Team

Like Akagi Kobayashi likes this
Akagi Kobayashi July 29, 2020

Hi Blair and Siriak,

I investigated this and replied in full yesterday, but for some reason there is no trace of my response on the board. I'll have to start again. 

Basically, accessing akobayashi1 by the method above gives me access to Atlassian dashboard with no Trello.  

You mention that the two email addresses are not the same. I must have made a mistake when creating akobayashi1, and thus never received the confirmation email. I have no idea what that email might have been. Without it, I couldn't reset my login either.

Can you help access my Trello account with akobayashi? 

Akagi

Blair at Atlassian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2020

Hi Akagi, I'm so sorry for the confusion here! It looks like Siriak was accidentally included on the instructions intended for you - my apologies! I'm reaching out to you again right now, directly via email, to get more information for you!

Thank you so much for your patience!

Like Akagi Kobayashi likes this
Akagi Kobayashi August 7, 2020

Thank you Blair for getting back to me! Received your email, so I have replied directly from there. 

Thanks in advance, 

Akagi

Akagi Kobayashi September 13, 2020

Guys, thank you for your help. I have been extremely busy in the last month. But I see that the problem must be with the email address - there's no guessing what it might be, as my intention was to use my normal gmail address. 

We can close this thread.

Thanks again, for your professional help. 

Akagi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events