How to push automated due date to avoid certain days

Joshua Moore September 16, 2022

Hi!

I currently have board buttons that create certain cards with certain due dates based on the label assigned to it. However, sometimes the due dates land on days that we would prefer to have a different due date for the follow day.

For Example:

"When due date lands on 'September 19th' push due date to 'September 20th.'

or

"When due date lands on 'third Monday of every month' push due 'to the following Tuesday.'

Is there away to avoid certain days? Either certain days like September 19th, October 24th, or every third Monday of every month.

Just trying to avoid an extra step so that when the automated due date lands on certain days that it automatically gets pushed to either the next day or a specific day

Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks!

1 answer

2 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2022

Since Trello automation does not handle if else logic it cannot implement your requirements easily. If you know how to code you can use http request to check each time you add a due date or Zapier to assist you. Considering the number of such user actions, this can be quite expensive. **Update** does not work. You might be able to use Dashcards. It have not tried it. Stay tuned. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2022

@Joshua Moore This one pushes any due dates on Saturday to Monday. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 12.48.46 PM.jpg

Joshua Moore September 19, 2022

@milynnus 

Thanks for your suggestions! I'll check out Dashcards. Let me know if you come across a solution. Appreciate the input and help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events