Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent Trello from creating new cards for each new comments?

Flavie Measson October 16, 2023

I'm having an issue with our Trello board. Whenever a specific person comments, it automatically creates a new card with her comment as the title. She claims not to have used any shortcuts, and I couldn't find any reasons for this in the board's settings. She also explored her account settings, but we couldn't find anything that might resolve this issue (unless we missed it). And when I read the detail of this new card; it's written that it was normally added by her (not via butler). 

Did this happened to any of you ? Do you know what might solve it ?

1 answer

2 votes
Flavie Measson October 16, 2023

I forgot to say that it has never done this before, it only does it for one person on the board...

Gaurav Kataria
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2023

Could it be that this person is using a Chrome extension that is causing this?

Susan McClellan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 16, 2023

We are also seeing the same issue. It just started. We are not using a Chrome extension. We are using Chrome though.

Gaurav Kataria
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2023

Flavie and Susan, is this happening even when you directly type comments in the comment box or only when you paste text in the comment box using Cmd+V or Ctl+V?

Susan McClellan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 16, 2023

When I paste text into the comment box using command + V

Raymond Wang
Atlassian Team
October 16, 2023

Hey @Flavie Measson and @Susan McClellan, sorry for the inconvenience here! That's definitely a frustrating issue. We think we've tracked down the root cause, and a fix should be going out in a new version tomorrow. Once the fix has been deployed, you can access it by simply refreshing your page or opening Trello in a new tab. Bear with us for a day — but please let us know if the issue keeps happening for you after tomorrow. Thanks!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events