How to move multiple trello cards to another list?

Ton Bil December 2, 2017

Moving one card, all cards from a list or even a whole list is easy.

But every now and then I want to move from 3 to up to 30 cards from one list to another (on the same board, or to another board).

How can I do this?

If it's impossible: should I mail this question to feature-ideas@trello.com ?

4 answers

5 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2017

Hey Ton

There's not a way to select individual cards to be moved, so that would be a feature request as you suggested.

However, there may be a workaround using labels and ButlerBot Automation.  Essentially, this could go as follows, using a red label named Move and a list named Move as an example:

command: when a red "move" label is added to a card, move the card to list "move"

Then, any time you add a red "move" label to a card, it will move to the list "move". Then, you can move the entire list "move" over to your new board. To easily assign the label to a card, you can use the keyboard shortcut number associated with that label (1-9). 

To add custom automation using Butlerbot, follow these steps:

1) Add Butlerbot to your board here: https://www.butlerfortrello.com/dashboard.html
-- A new list will be created titled "Butler"
2) Add a new card to the Butler list using the command mentioned above.  Once the command is accepted, you will see a green checkbox on that card, and then the automation will begin for every label added afterwards.

ailon meir June 24, 2019

Thanks for the try, but with moving the cards individually takes less effort than labeling them and setting up the butler bot. 

Like # people like this
Darryl May 11, 2020

Yes - these basic feature requests and need to purchase Power Ups for basic functionality is super frustrating to use for small business - especially in touch C19 times...

Like # people like this
Michael Sheasby July 13, 2020

agreed with Ailon & Darryl - if Trello's job is to move cards between lists, then moving a lot of cards is a pretty basic use case and should be handled both gracefully and without requiring additional tools.

Like # people like this
Abby R May 12, 2021

I can't believe this has been requested for YEARS and still isn't a feature in Trello. How do we get them to implement this??

For me, I have a list with say 20 cards in it and I need to move a few at a time to different lists on different boards. So I have to click "move" then select the board then select the list and repeat this over and over and over until I'm done. I have to do this multiple times a day and it's SUCH A WASTE OF TIME.

Come on, Trello. Get on this!!

Like Eli likes this
1 vote
Jack Talbert January 26, 2022

I found a power up that does this.  Look for "Manny", to move several cards

Arif Dogan June 5, 2023

Thank you @Jack Talbert this was a huge help!

1 vote
James Slate September 16, 2020

The lack of core functionality here is infuriating. If anybody opens up a feature request, please share it in this thread so I can upvote it.

Like Ton Bil likes this
0 votes
Nico September 14, 2020

Blows me away this isn't a quick feature. I just move the list next to the other and drag and drop.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events