Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move custom fields on cards?

Melissa Mills May 24, 2021

Hello,

My company has previously used Trello with business class which was setup by an employee that has since left the company. We went to free version, and now we're using Trello business class again and I am re-setting up power ups and butler automations.

My problem:

Previously we had a custom "due date" field towards the top of each trello card  above the description box (see  screenshot).

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 4.10.11 PM.png

Now, the custom "due date" field shows up farther down the card within the custom fields section (see screenshot). 

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 4.10.34 PM.png

How I can move the custom "due date" field back up to the top? The original due date field may have been setup differently (not using a custom field), but since I didn't set it up, I'm not sure how it was done.

Thank you for the help.

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2021

@Melissa Mills in order to re-order your custom fields you just open the custom fields power up settings and drag n drop the fields to where you want them to be:

2021-05-26 at 10.48 am.png

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2021

For the moment, you can change the order of custom fields, but you can't move around the different components of the card. It's likely the custom date field that was showing near the top of the card was generated by a power up. You might be able to see all the different power ups that were once enabled in your Trello settings under "Applications".

Melissa Mills May 25, 2021

Thank you for the info, that's helpful. I did check in my Trello settings under "Applications", but there's not any information there. You are likely right about the date field near the top of the card being a different power up, and I'll see if I can find one.

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2021

You're welcome! Have a look at power-ups that offer Gantt chart views like Team Gantt or Placker. It'll most likely be power-ups that revolve around adding different dates/durations to cards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events