Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to keep description when creating card from template and copying cards

I want cards that are created from a template or created through copying another card to also keep the description from the original card.

Is there a way to do this?

We do have Business Class so also open to Power-up suggestions

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Morgan Community Leader Aug 06, 2021

Copying a card (via a template card or from just selecting the option to copy) should copy all information from the original card, including the description. When I create a card from a template, the description copies over just fine. Are you able to list the steps you took? 

Thanks @hannahmorg - you saying that made me think it must be something to do with our board - it seems that a Butler rule is interfering with the description

Thanks @Hannah Morgan - you saying that made me think it must be something to do with our board - it seems that a Butler rule is interfering with the description

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,384 views 28 41
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you